A COMMUNITY-BASED APPROACH TO ACHIEVING ENERGY EFFICIENCY
This is a pilot project to increase the capacity of Eilat Municipality to develop and promote smart solutions to the city’s environmental challenges
Global Objective: To increase the capacity of Eilat Municipality to develop and promote smart solutions to the city’s environmental challenges and energy consumption
- Save 624,000 KWh per year in domestic and municipality energy.
- Acquire accurate energy consumption data for the Mizpe Yam neighborhood to support the development of a strategic plan.
- Motivate 130 (15%) of Mizpe Yam households to replace energy-intensive electrical appliances.
- Build public awareness through 120 hours of educational activities, plus 8 visibility measures.
- Employing and training personnel
- Home Energy Audits; monitoring & evaluation
- Baseline energy assessment
- Replacing street/park lighting
- Public building retrofit
- Environmental education marketing
- Strategic energy plan
- Cost of the project : 701 260 Euros
- European Union : 561 008 Euros (80%)
- Eilat Municipality: 140 252 Euros (20%)
- Duration of realization of the project : 18 months
- Mr. Eli Lankri | Mayor of Eilat Municipality | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: +972 050 634 39 39 / +972 863 671 05
- Mr. Assaf Admon | Director Eilat Environmental Unit | E: email@example.com | P: +972 08 636 75 25 / +972 054 97 99 159
- Mr. Gail Osman | Grant Manager | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: +972 052 32 35 186