MAKING SAHAB CITY GREEN
This is a pilot project that will serve as a model for the rest of the municipalities in the Kingdom of Jordan. This action includes the development of an Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Plan for the municipality for the next (10) years in participatory approach and the identification of the requirements for joining the Covenant of Mayors initiative
Global Objective: To enable Sahab Municipality in Jordan to become a pilot for the local authorities in ENPI South partner countries to address local sustainable development challenges related to energy
- Develop a local Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Plan for Sahab Municipality.
- Promote and implement energy efficiency, energy savings & renewable energy measures at Sahab Municipality buildings.
- Introduce energy efficient technologies to municipalities.
- Build capacities of employees of Sahab Municipality.
- Raise public awareness of the general public and relevent stakeholders
- Enable Sahab to become an EE model Municipality
- Develop Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Plan for the Municipality for the next (10) years following a participatory approach which involves the Mayor and Municipal Council that defines an appropriate governance structure for the effective implementation of this plan
- Implement energy efficiency& renewable energy measures at the municipality buildings such as cultural center, stadium, public schools, masjids and the bus stations such as energy efficient lighting, Solar lighting and On-Grid Photo Voltaic Cells
- Implement a set of relevant demonstration activities suitable for replication by other local authorities, provinces or networks in the region and prepare the Municipality for Twining cooperation within the Region and Europe
- Increase awareness of local populations of sustainable development policies and actions.
- Enhance capacity of local authorities to develop and implement sustainable energy projects
- Conduct awareness workshops for the schools and through the masjids and local NGOs
- Cost of the project : 719 000 Euros
- European Union : 575 000 Euros (79.89%)
- FPEC & Sahab Municipality : 144 709,89 Euros (20.11%)
- Duration of realization of the project : 30 months
- Eng. Shaker Hammad | Project Coordinator | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: +962 790 274 774 / +962 653 447 01