CHEFCHAOUEN : COMMON MODEL INSTIGATED A CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR OF CI- TIZENS IN TERMS OF SUSTAINABLE ENERGY MANAGEMENT, MOROCCO
The project focuses on supporting the Urban Municipality of Chefchaouen (CUC) to reach the ambitions set by the Municipal Council of the city in April 2010 to make Chefchaouen an ecological city.
Global Objective: Chefchaouen becomes a common model and instigator of a citizen change in sustainable energy management.
- Model City : Knowing, control and reduce carbon energy consumption on the patrimony of the CUC
- Model City : Building skills and systematize sustainable energy management within the CUC via an internal organizational processes
- Lever Commune - Relay helping to reduce energy consumption of the inhabitants, individuals and businesses
- Lever Commune - Relay enhancing the sharing and pooling of resources, networking and dissemination of good practice
- The Municipality audits, knows, control and communicates its energy consumption (electricity, fuel water)
- The municipality built communal buildings according to the recommendations of the Code of energy efficiency in the building and better values its heritage
- The Municipality audits, knows, follows and control the energy consumption of its network of existing public lighting, the annual cost is 90% of the energy expenditure of the municipality and performs pilot investments in efficient lighting.
- The municipality promotes sustainable energy management culture
- The CUC plays a relay role, awareness, guidance and access to information relating to sustainable energy and environmental management
- Cost of the project : 1 137 906 Euros
- European Union : 910 325 Euros (80%)
- GERES France : 227 581 Euros (20%)
- Duration of realization of the project : 36 months
- Mr. Mohamed Sefiani | Mayor of the Chefchaouen Municipality | E: email@example.com | P: +212 (0) 661 205 805 / +212 (0) 661 073 117
- Mrs. Virginie Guy | Project Coordinator | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: +212 (0) 649 295 764 / +33 (0) 442 18 55 88