ENERGY EFFICIENCY THROUGH ICT-DRIVEN BEHAVIOURAL CHANGE IN PUBLIC BUILDINGS OF ABASAN AL-KABIRA (ENERBE)
Palestine is almost completely dependent on Israel as a source of electricity. 31% of the total energy needs in Palestine concern with electricity. Low penetration of energy efficiency consciousness and very limited actions render the issue of energy conservation, underlined also by national policies/plans. The proposed project aims to promote energy saving and more efficient use of energy in public buildings through ICT monitoring and control systems specifically to reduce by 10% energy consumption in in public buildings of the Municipality of Abasan Al-Kabira by an integrated platform of ICT-driven Behavioral Energy Efficiency Tools>/ح<
Global Objective: The overall objective of ENERBE is to promote more efficient use of energy in public buildings in Abasan Al-Kabira through ICT monitoring and control systems.
- The specific objective of ENERBE is to reduce by at least 10% the energy spending in public buildings of the Municipality of Abasan Al-Kabira by using an integrated platform of ICT-driven Behavioral Energy Efficiency Tools
- A prequalified number of 30 public buildings (including municipal / governmental buildings and schools) with mid to high energy consumption from the municipality of Abasan Al-Kabira will be equipped with energy smart meters for the purpose of measuring periodically the energy consumption of every single building.
- Reduced energy consumption in the pilot public buildings of the Municipality of Abasan Al-Kabira,, increased capacities of the Municipality staff and of stakeholders involved in the development and operation of the platform and implementation of the whole project on-time, on-budget and according to the quality standards set.
- Sustainability and replicability of project results through the development, respectively, of a follow-up plan and a roadmap that could be a reference for all relevant future activities in the SUDEP area and may lead to multiplier effects. Results also concern the stakeholders’ commitment in future actions.
- An eLearning module will be integrated to the platform, so as to ensure multiplier effects of the capacity building to stakeholders beyond the Municipality (public buildings owners / administrators, citizens, businesses, civil society, NGOs etc.).
- The Municipality will also perform (a) dissemination, (b) capacity building seminars on energy audit, energy efficiency, energy behaviour, energy consulting, and (c) capitalisation.
- Municipality of Abasan Al-Kabira: project beneficiary
- European Union: co-funding the project
- GIZ: technical assistance for project implementation
- Cost of the project : 550 000 Euros
- European Union : 440 000 Euros (80%)
- Abasan Al-Kabira Municipality: 110 000 Euros (20%)
- Duration of realization of the project : 18 months