IMPROVING THE CAPACITIES OF LOCAL AUTHORITIES TO DEVELOP AND IMPLEMENT SUSTAINABLE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PRACTICES AND RENEWABLE DEMONSTRATION ACTIONS, TUBAS, GERIS, JERUSALEM
The proposed project is motivated by a number of developmental, technological, scientific, economic and social factors, which the project objectives match:
- Development of a comprehensive study on the actual energy gap in Palestine
- Design and Implementation of 6 net-metering Photovoltaic (PV) renewable systems in the most significant public buildings of Tubas Municipality, with a total installed energy capacity of about 70kW.
- Design and development of an innovative WEB Platform to monitor and control the energy consumptions of each of these buildings and the instant energy generated by each photovoltaic system, as an efficiency measure.
- Development of a common off-grid photovoltaic paradigm, which will provide the practical framework for the delivering of off-grid services to the citizens.
- Planning and implementation of training and social awareness campaigns to the improvement of capacities of local authorities and citizens in the sphere of sustainable energy.
Global Objective: Improved performance in the ENPI South local authorities in terms of sustainable energy in order to become the country self-sufficient, and reliant on its own natural resources, increasing the dependence on local energy sources.
- The increase in energy efficiency, energy savings and renewable sources; the generation of a pool of demonstration actions which can be replicated in the region and increased awareness of local populations of sustainable development policies and actions.
- Gap analysis, roadmap, and performance indicators.
- Net-metering photovoltaic systems to promote energy savings and renewable energy requirements.
- Innovative energy mash-up WEB Platform: predictive photovoltaic management and online networking
- Best practice dissemination activities
- Common proposal for sustainable generation and efficient management of solar renewable energy.
- Cost of the project : 554 262,14 Euros
- European Union : 438 049,44 Euros (80%)
- Tubas Municipality : 54 422,50 Euros (9.8%)
- GEREDIS : 33 739,20 Euros (6.8%)
- ARIJ : 28 051,00 Euros (3.4%)
- Duration of realization of the project : 36 months
- Mr. Hrimat Nader | Project coordinator | E: email@example.com | P: +970 274 1889 / +970 59 783 8133 | http://tubasenergy.com/